Department of School Education Punjab has issued notification of text books. According to the latest notification, we are pleased to announce that SED is going to distribute free textbooks in government schools. All District Education Authorities Punjab are distributing free textbooks to students for the next academic session 2022-2023. To date, PMIU-PESRP has completed 90% delivery of free textbooks (excluding Class VI-VIII) for the academic session 2022-23 in warehouses across Punjab. The rest of the books will be delivered to the warehouses of the respective tehsils soon. The Department of School Education has already issued instructions to all the CEOs of Punjab (DEAs) to make arrangements for distribution of books among the students during the summer vacations.
Important Instructions on Distributing Free Textbooks: –
The Department of School Education has issued the following guidelines which must be followed during the distribution of textbooks. A look
- Free textbooks should be issued to schools according to school enrollment.
- Documents should be ensured during the issuance of free textbooks to the schools from Tehsil Godam, similarly the heads of all the institutions should be directed to ensure the documents during the issuance of free textbooks to the students.
- The release of books from the tehsil warehouses and schools should be properly recorded for audit purposes.
- The CEOs (DEAs) directed the Punjab Education Foundation (PEF) and PEIMA-PSSP to issue free textbooks for schools with the permission of PEF and PEIMA-PSSP.
- CEOs (DEAs) and Focal Persons for Free Textbooks should ensure that no FTBs are stolen from Tehsil warehouses and schools within their jurisdiction.
- CEOs (DEAs) should ensure that free textbooks are distributed to 100% of schools and students in their district in accordance with SOPs.
- The distribution of textbooks in schools was completed before the start of the new academic session 2022-23.