Punjab Government, Finance Department has issued latest notification on 21st July 2022 regarding revision of Annual Increment and Ad Hoc Allowances etc. in Punjab Pay Scales Chart 2023.
Governor Punjab approved the revision of basic salaries and allowances July 1, 2022 For Punjab Government Government Servants, which is detailed in the following paragraph.
Revision of Pay Scale Chart 2023 Punjab
The Basic Pay Scales – 2022 will replace the Basic Pay Scales – 2017 with effect from 01-07-2022 as contained in the Annexure to this notification.
Determination of salaries of existing employees:
- Determination of Pay of Existing Employees The basic pay of an employee in service as on 30-06-2022 will be fixed on a point-to-point basis in Basic Pay Scale-2022 i.e. at the stage occupied by him. Above Minimum Basic Pay Scale – 2017;
- In case an employee draws personal pay in excess of his maximum pay scale as part of his basic pay on 30-06-2022, he shall continue to draw such pay in Basic Pay Scale-2022. will at revised rates.
Fixation of pay on promotion:
In cases of promotion from lower to higher posts/scales prior to the introduction of these scales, the pay of the employees concerned in the revised pay scale may be fixed and increased so that it is not less than the pay which will be acceptable. If he was promoted to a higher post/scale after the introduction of these scales.
Annual increase in Punjab:
Annual increase will continue to be admissible, subject to existing conditions, on 1st December every year.
Punjab Ad Hoc Allowances:
After the introduction of BPS-2022 the ad hoc relief allowances sanctioned from 01-07-2016, 01-07-2017, 01-07-2018, 01-07-2019 and 01-07-2021 will cease w.e.f. -07-2022:
|Serial Number||Name of ad hoc relief Allowance||Acceptable rate|
|I||Ad hoc Relief Allowance-2016 (01-07-2016)||10% of basic pay is BPS-2016.|
|ii||to him Relief Allowance-2017 (01-07-2017)||10% of basic pay is BPS-2017.|
|iii||to him Relief Allowance-2018 (01-07-2018)||10% of Basic Pay on BPS-2017|
|iv||to him Relief Allowance-2019 (01-07-2019)||10% of Basic Pay on BPS-2017 (BPS 1-16) and 5% of basic pay on BPS 2017 (BPS 17-20).|
|v||to him Relief Allowance-2021 (01-07-2021)||10% of Basic Pay on BPS-2017|
Ad Hoc Relief Allowance-2023 Punjab
- An Ad Hoc Relief Allowance 2022 Basic Pay Scales – 15% of the running Basic Pay of 2017 Allowed Provincial Government Civil Servants including Contingent Paid Staff and Contract Employees to be employed against civil posts in the Basic Pay Scales on standard terms and conditions. will be given Contractual appointment from 07-07-2022 and will remain frozen at the same level till further orders.
- All new entrants will be allowed Ad Hoc Relief Allowance 2022 at the rate of 15% of the minimum relevant basic pay of BPS-2017 with effect from 01-07-2022 till further orders and frozen at the same time. will go The surface
- Ad hoc relief allowance will be subject to income tax.
- Ad hoc relief allowance will be admissible during the entire period of leave and LPR except for exceptional leave.
- Ad hoc relief allowance shall not be treated as part of wages for the purpose of calculation of pension/gratuity and recovery of house rent.
- Ad Hoc Relief Allowance will not be admissible to employees during their period of overseas posting / deputation.
- Ad Hoc Relief Allowance will be admissible to employees on repatriation from posting/deputation abroad at the rate and amount which would have been admissible to them, had they not been posted abroad.
- Ad hoc relief allowance will be admissible during the period of suspension.
- The term “basic pay shall also include the amount of personal pay granted as a maximum annual increment(s) from the existing scale of pay.
Special Pay and Allowances:
All special pay, special allowances or allowances equal to or higher than one month’s basic pay as a percentage of pay are admissible to Provincial Government employees irrespective of posting in all administrative departments/attached departments/autonomous bodies. Executive Performance Allowance is paid. In BPS-1-22 of Judiciary including civil servants/offices etc. will remain frozen at its admissible level till 30.06.2022.
- All existing Government servants (BS-1 to 22) of the Government of Punjab shall exercise an option in writing, within 30 days from the date of issue of the notification, to the Accountant General, Punjab / District Accounts Office / DDO. Will tell. concerned, as the case may be, either in Basic Pay Scale-2017 or Basic Pay Scale-2022 for continuation of pay as specified in this notification. Option once exercised shall be considered final.
- An existing employee, as stated above, who does not exercise and communicate his option within the prescribed time limit, shall be deemed to have opted for the scheme of Basic Pay Scale 2022.
All rules/orders on this subject shall be deemed modified to the extent stated above. All existing rules/orders under this scheme, not so modified, shall continue to be in force.
Basic Pay Scales of Punjab Government Servants
|Basic Pay Scales 2017||Steps||Basic Pay Scales – 2022|
If any irregularities arise in the implementation of Basic Pay Scales – 2022, they will be referred to the Grievance Redressal Committee constituted in the Punjab Finance Department (Regulation Wing).
|Punjab Finance Website||Check online.|
|Latest Employee News.||Home page|