Higher Education Commission (HEC) has announced the Inter-University Essay Competition 2022. HEC will organize the essay competition in collaboration with the Ministry of Planning Development and Special Initiatives. However, regular university students can participate in essay writing contests and win prizes. Students can choose either English or Urdu to write the essay on the given topics. It is a great opportunity for students to showcase their writing skills and win national awards. Eligible students must submit essays meeting all requirements by August 26, 2022.
HEC Essay Competitions 2022 Topics
Students will choose one of the following in English or Urdu.
English essay topics
- Development journey of Pakistan from 1947 to 2022; Lessons learned ie other countries
- Pakistan in 2047: National Aspirations of the Youth
Urdu Essay Topics
(1) Development journey of Pakistan (1947 to 2022): A comparative analysis with developing countries
(2) Pakistan: Aspiration of the new generation 2047
Eligibility Criteria for HEC Essay Competition 2022
- Applicants must be regular students.
- Candidates should have Azad Jammu and Kashmir or Pakistani candidates
- Age Limit: 25 years
HEC Essay Competition 2022 Prizes (English/Urdu)
- 1st position Rs.500,000
- Second position Rs.300,000
- Third position Rs.200,000
- 4th to 10th position Rs.100,000 (each)
Format and details of articles
- Applicants have to write an essay of 2500-3000 words on selected topics in English/Urdu.
- English Essay: Type in ‘Times New Roman’, font size 12, line spacing 1.5, and convert it into a PDF file.
- Urdu Essay: Type and converted to PDF file
How to Apply for HEC Essay Competition 2022
- Send the essay on the topic in PDF file along with the registration form to the email address: [email protected]
- Download the registration form from the HEC website.
- Send hard copies of all documents to the given address.
- Address: Ms Sahar Mirza, Assistant Director (Academics), Higher Education Commission, H-8, Islamabad
- Last Date: 26 August 2022