Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (FBISE) is introduced. Two Annual Examinations 2023 The notification was issued on 5th January 2023. For the information of all concerned, it is reiterated that FBISE has introduced bi-annual examination system by doing away with the concept of supplementary examinations and successfully conducted first and second annual examinations at SSC and HSSC levels. From 2021 and onwards, students will be allowed to appear in the first or second annual examination as well as to stagger their subjects as per their convenience.
Federal Board Bi-Annual Examinations Policy 2023
In this regard policy guidelines for appearing in other annual examinations were also issued by FBISE which are again presented below:
- Candidates who fail or remain absent in the first annual examinations in whole or in part or change their subjects may appear in the second annual examinations.
- Candidates who have already passed are eligible to appear for improvement or additional subjects in other annual examinations.
- Candidates who withdraw their candidature (name) from appearing in the first annual examinations before the release of roll number slips are exempted from paying the required fee for the second annual examination. However, such candidates have to submit their admission forms to FBISE as per previous practice of FBISE.
- All candidates will be issued result cards showing “Passed in the Annual Examinations” as the word “supplementary” is omitted.
- New candidates are eligible to appear in either of the two exams.